Friday, November 6, 2009

I remember when...





I remember when
lonliness kept me company
And my tears was the kiss I felt on my cheek
I remember when
Air only hugged me
And empty words were the words I would speak
I remember when
worthless thoughts filled my mind
And trust I kept far behind
And when I looked around for a friend
I found the world to be unkind
I thought that darkness was a blessing for it hid me from my fears
And hurt was the only companion I had through the years

Then YOU came into my life and change things
And gave me more to look for
And told me YOUR blessings where of sweet joy
And richess I had in store
I looked up and YOU dried my eyes
And YOU kissed me with YOUR love
YOU let me know I was not forgotten
And YOU kept the promises that YOU spoke of
Now I know what real love means
And everything YOU spoke is true
For as I came to love myself
I came to love more of YOU

1 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

What a beautiful poem!

February 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home